If I were writing a dissertation right now...
!Jones
2017-03-02 13:37:09 UTC
... and I were in any communication-related field, I'd look at
Twitter.

For better or for worse, it's obviously an important medium. During
the last administration, it was certainly around, but not ubiquitous.
Some people ask: "Why didn't people react when Obama put his feet on
the desk?" ... well, they did! The blogs certainly reacted; however,
at that time, we had not been "Twitterfied". (There's the title: "The
Twitterfication of America".) I have to go to a site and take the
time to read a blog; with Twitter, I simply react to what is
essentially a digital bumper sticker.

2016 is the first election that unfolded with heavy tweeting from all
sides. Whether the Trump campaign used the medium effectively or not
is debatable; however, they certainly used it *heavily*; a day never
passed without multiple tweets from the candidate, quite a few of
which hurt more than helped his candidacy IMHO.

Thus, the 2016 campaign helped to bring Twitter into adulthood. Now,
when a picture of Kellyanne with her feet on the couch (actually, I
think it was more about her ungraceful position wearing the dress),
Twitter explodes... and it's: "Oh, they're tweeting the president *so*
unfairly! SAD! SAD! SAD!" which is about all one can get into a tweet.

That's the way it is today; if you have ever been in a chicken house,
you will understand the metaphor: that's Twitter. If a pecan falls on
the roof, it explodes in a fury of feathers and fowl squawking... and
I shouldn't have to tell Kellyanne that.

Jones
Chinook Lover
2017-03-02 18:51:43 UTC
Post by !Jones
[...]
don't think the squawking was about her feathers eh
"they called him 'stumpy' and his kidneys were end-stage as well."
!Jones
2017-03-03 12:26:47 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 12:51:43 -0600, in alt.war.vietnam Chinook Lover
Post by Chinook Lover
don't think the squawking was about her feathers eh
Well, yeah... there was the matter of the spread gams, but that's why
Donald keeps her around.

Jones