Our Infantrymen are Expensive!
MarcusAurelius
2017-07-16 16:43:02 UTC
There are only about 50,000 infantry in the U.S. Armed Forces today. Dividing the U.S. Defense budget of 696 billion dollars for fiscal year 2018 by 50,000, the number of infantrymen in the U.S. Armed Forces, I get $ 13,920,000 per infantryman. Our infantrymen are rather expensive!
Jack G...
2017-07-16 17:44:04 UTC
Funny math. Combat Arms has three branches.
!Jones
2017-07-17 14:00:04 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 09:43:02 -0700 (PDT), in alt.war.vietnam
Post by MarcusAurelius
There are only about 50,000 infantry in the U.S. Armed Forces today. Dividing the U.S. Defense budget of 696 billion dollars for fiscal year 2018 by 50,000, the number of infantrymen in the U.S. Armed Forces, I get $ 13,920,000 per infantryman. Our infantrymen are rather expensive!
Since Vietnam, the US has always fought wars by proxy. We have this
national idea that our US service people's lives are more
intrinsically valuable than people of a different nationality. This
is why we're endlessly "training" out proxies.

Jones
Jack G...
2017-07-17 14:21:54 UTC
Post by MarcusAurelius
There are only about 50,000 infantry in the U.S. Armed Forces today. Dividing the U.S. Defense budget of 696 billion dollars for fiscal year 2018 by 50,000, the number of infantrymen in the U.S. Armed Forces, I get $ 13,920,000 per infantryman. Our infantrymen are rather expensive!
Since Vietnam, the US has always fought wars by proxy. We have this
national idea that our US service people's lives are more
intrinsically valuable than people of a different nationality. This
is why we're endlessly "training" out proxies.
Jones
You are right about our band aid approach playing the worlds nanny.
Right now about 20% of the combat arms slots are filled by civilian
contractors who would be no help when the shooting starts.
!Jones
2017-07-18 00:14:07 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 07:21:54 -0700 (PDT), in alt.war.vietnam "Jack
Post by Jack G...
You are right about our band aid approach playing the worlds nanny.
Right now about 20% of the combat arms slots are filled by civilian
contractors who would be no help when the shooting starts.
The Aussies used to call 'em "BUCs" ("Bloody Useless Cunts"). But
they *do* look cool on their sunglasses, naught?

Jones
Jack G...
2017-07-18 13:49:56 UTC
Post by Jack G...
You are right about our band aid approach playing the worlds nanny.
Right now about 20% of the combat arms slots are filled by civilian
contractors who would be no help when the shooting starts.
The Aussies used to call 'em "BUCs" ("Bloody Useless Cunts"). But
they *do* look cool on their sunglasses, naught?
Jones
Then they bitched about only making $ 200.00 dollars a day to the
troops who were working next to them.