15 Apr 72
Add Reply
rfokc#13
2017-12-03 14:56:39 UTC
on April 15 of 72 I helped transfer a wounded crewmember from a slick
that had come into MACV Kontum. sadly all efforts were in vain.
after some detective work I found the guy's name. later I met (on line)
his two pilots...a meeting that later went south. I now understand the
unwillingness to share the memory of their lost comrade. by a strange
stroke of luck I found a video that contained audio of the mission to
rescue survivors of FSB Charlie. go to minute 24 of the video and
listen as it unfolds, beginning with the other gunner's M60 jamming...a
bad guy jumped up in front of that gunner and fired his AK...a round
that went thru the aircraft striking Dallas Nihsen in the back, killing him.

-
security-20171130-story.html

what a way to temper one's Sunday fuck me
Jack G...
Sometimes flash back memories show how lucky we were.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2017-12-03 16:54:26 UTC
on April 15 of 72 I helped transfer a wounded crewmember[sic] from a slick that had come into MACV Kontum.   sadly all efforts were in vain. after some detective work I found the guy's name.  later I met (on line) his two pilots...a meeting that later went south.   I now understand the unwillingness to share the memory of their lost comrade.  by a strange stroke of luck I found a video that contained audio of the mission to rescue survivors of FSB Charlie.   go to minute 24 of the video and listen as it unfolds, beginning with the other gunner's M60 jamming...a bad guy jumped up in front of that gunner and fired his AK...a round that went thru the aircraft striking Dallas Nihsen in the back, killing him.
-
security-20171130-story.html
what a way to temper one's Sunday    fuck me
Remember Mary Ann!