so that you will forsake us
2018-01-06 17:05:16 UTC
The comma seems to me to make a big difference to meaning
here. Doesn't it seem that way to you?
(1) We don't pay you hundreds of dollars a year so that
you will forsake us in our time of need.
(2) We don't pay you hundreds of dollars a year, so that
you will forsake us in our time of need.
As a world-class grammarian, I would certainly omit that fucking comma.
Thanks again for all the fish...
Jack G...
2018-01-06 20:20:45 UTC
The comma seems to me to make a big difference to meaning
here. Doesn't it seem that way to you?
(1) We don't pay you hundreds of dollars a year so that
you will forsake us in our time of need.
(2) We don't pay you hundreds of dollars a year, so that
you will forsake us in our time of need.
As a world-class grammarian, I would certainly omit that fucking comma.
Thanks again for all the fish...
LOL.........................good one..........could confuse David............