7.62 NATO v. the .223; The NATO 7.62 is my Choice
Add Reply
MarcusAurelius
2018-01-08 18:50:27 UTC
I served as an Infantryman and Squad Leader with the U.S. Army in Vietnam. A 7.62 NATO semi-auto rifle with an option for a 3 round automatic burst would be the best combat rifle, in my opinion. Why? 1. The 7.62 has about twice the effective range as the .223; 2.
The 7.62 is much better at penetrating obstacles than the .223, both soft and hard, providing a much better opportunity to penetrate the cover and concealment which an enemy is likely to use; 3. Because of it's greater power and greater effective range, the 7.62 would be much more effective in providing grazing and covering power than the .223. and; 4. Because of it's greater effective range and greater power, the 7.62 would be much more effective in providing suppressing fire both at close and distant ranges allowing other forms of both direct and indirect arms, including air power, to be effectively utilized while prevent the effective use of counter fire by enemy ground forces.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2018-01-08 19:59:45 UTC
Post by MarcusAurelius
[...]
Did you serve in the G.I. Joe Army? And wuz it on the Red or Tan side?
2018-01-11 18:34:27 UTC
Post by MarcusAurelius
[...]
LOL
And one more thing, Marcus... Is that a pink tutu yer wearing?
2018-01-08 21:58:33 UTC
I remember when I had to exchange my 14 for a M-16. I felt a little less safer.
2018-01-08 22:34:00 UTC
On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 13:58:33 -0800 (PST), "fake vet LaJack G..."
Post by Jack G...
Post by MarcusAurelius
[...]
It's NEVER safe under the bridge, La Jacqui.

- -

Arizona."

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I do for the homeboys.
They all expect a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"

I drink soda pop and caffiene.
2018-01-09 19:58:58 UTC
Post by Jack G...
Post by MarcusAurelius
[...]
That won't help you with a 7.62 NATO semi-auto. It'll just keep you
awake and make you burp.

- -

I'm just here at my computer.
2018-01-09 22:28:29 UTC
Post by Jack G...
Post by MarcusAurelius
[...]
Don't spill soda and/or coffee on it. This is good advice.

- -

I don't usually but there's these little crumbs on my keyboard.
2018-01-10 13:05:23 UTC
Post by Jack G...
Post by MarcusAurelius
[...]
Just turn it upside down and they're gone.

- -

Turn what upside down?
2018-01-10 13:55:15 UTC
Post by Jack G...
I remember when I had to exchange my 14 for a M-16. I felt a little less safer.
It's NEVER safe under the bridge, La Jacqui.
I drink soda pop and caffiene.
That won't help you with a 7.62 NATO semi-auto. It'll just keep you
awake and make you burp.
I'm just here at my computer.
Don't spill soda and/or coffee on it. This is good advice.
I don't usually but there's these little crumbs on my keyboard.
Just turn it upside down and they're gone.
Turn what upside down?
The keyboard. Let gravity do what it's supposed to do.

- -

I see the usual trolls have taken over this thread as their own Chat Room.
Casa estilo antiguo
2018-01-10 16:55:56 UTC
Post by Jack G...
I see the usual trolls have taken over this thread as their own Chat Room.
Yer wannabe moderator act ain't workin' for ya..little google poasting
Jackie G.

LoLoLoL
Jack G...
Moderator? How can a group of ten thousand assholes tied in a knot with you as their leader be managed. Maybe some C4 would work.
2018-01-10 19:20:44 UTC
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 08:27:15 -0800 (PST), "fake vet La Jack G..."
Post by Jack G...
Post by Jack G...
I remember when I had to exchange my 14 for a M-16. I felt a little less safer.
It's NEVER safe under the bridge, La Jacqui.
I drink soda pop and caffiene.
That won't help you with a 7.62 NATO semi-auto. It'll just keep you
awake and make you burp.
I'm just here at my computer.
Don't spill soda and/or coffee on it. This is good advice.
I don't usually but there's these little crumbs on my keyboard.
Just turn it upside down and they're gone.
Turn what upside down?
The keyboard. Let gravity do what it's supposed to do.
I see the usual trolls have taken over this thread as their own Chat Room.
Yes, I see that too, La Jacqui. Why don't you piss orf, then?

- -

I'll be in an office at kroger.
2018-01-10 21:37:33 UTC
Post by Jack G...
I remember when I had to exchange my 14 for a M-16. I felt a little
less
safer.
It's NEVER safe under the bridge, La Jacqui.
I drink soda pop and caffiene.
That won't help you with a 7.62 NATO semi-auto. It'll just keep you
awake and make you burp.
I'm just here at my computer.
Don't spill soda and/or coffee on it. This is good advice.
I don't usually but there's these little crumbs on my keyboard.
Just turn it upside down and they're gone.
Turn what upside down?
The keyboard. Let gravity do what it's supposed to do.
I see the usual trolls have taken over this thread as their own Chat Room.
Yes, I see that too, La Jacqui. Why don't you piss orf, then?
I'll be in an office at kroger.
When you get caught shoplifting?

- -

I sort of got it made that way.
2018-01-11 13:13:15 UTC
Post by Jack G...
I remember when I had to exchange my 14 for a M-16. I felt a little
less
safer.
It's NEVER safe under the bridge, La Jacqui.
I drink soda pop and caffiene.
That won't help you with a 7.62 NATO semi-auto. It'll just keep you
awake and make you burp.
I'm just here at my computer.
Don't spill soda and/or coffee on it. This is good advice.
I don't usually but there's these little crumbs on my keyboard.
Just turn it upside down and they're gone.
Turn what upside down?
The keyboard. Let gravity do what it's supposed to do.
I see the usual trolls have taken over this thread as their own Chat Room.
Yes, I see that too, La Jacqui. Why don't you piss orf, then?
I'll be in an office at kroger.
When you get caught shoplifting?
I sort of got it made that way.
By Kroger?

- -

Arizona."

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I just do for the homeboys.
They all want a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."

I was talking weird.
2018-01-11 15:30:35 UTC
Post by Jack G...
[...]
Kroger does that too!

- -

I hear talking here sometimes.
2018-01-11 21:37:56 UTC
Post by Jack G...
[...]
Fret not, it's just the other inmates.

- -

It is a strong astringent before wods of exposure.
dino
2018-01-09 05:18:44 UTC
Post by MarcusAurelius
[...]
When I arrived in Vietnam September 1966 the M16 that I was issued jammed about half the time I needed it. About three months later when I got back to base camp I traded it for an M14. I carried that rifle for the entire time I was with that unit. It never jammed.
When I returned to Vietnam with another unit, I got ahold of another M14 with a scope. I used that rifle until I returned to the world.
The M16 had improved but my fear of it did not.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2018-01-11 13:03:30 UTC
And then you woke up.
Jack G...
You have joined the other trolls who have no military experience
Casa estilo antiguo
2018-01-12 21:11:37 UTC
Post by Jack G...
You have joined the other trolls who have no military experience
Don't be so tuff on yerself..little Jackie.

LoLoLoL