Our greatest problem is that our CIC is a draft dodger.
!Jones
2017-04-08 18:13:02 UTC
I was always glad that we weren't at war during the Clinton
administration... Bill was essentially a draft dodger. Bush was a
*little* bit better; he joined the Alabama Air National Guard which,
of course, was close to being a draft dodger without actually moving
to England. Now, we have Trump... who unapologetically bought his
deferments.

So, now he's going to lead us into a war?

"Please, Mr. Custer, I doan wanna go...!"

What does Trump know of sacrifice? His idea of war is a twitter-fit.
His idea of sacrifice is having to postpone his Florida tee-time by a
week while Jared and what's her name are on the ski slopes.

If any serious adversary materialized that required a national
commitment, we'd best be advised to sue for peace and listen to his
terms. Yeah, we have lots of guns, but we're soft, cheeseburger-fed,
children of plenty led into battle by our hero, Jared Cushner, who
never knew any sacrifice in his life. The people who lived through
the Great Depression and stormed Omaha Beach are now gone; the people
we have now are only concerned with *their* rights and won't be able
to go the distance.

I guess it's time to build the wall, get behind it, and hope nobody
lays siege... that's what happens to walls, you know.

Jones
MarcusAurelius
2017-04-08 18:25:58 UTC
Americans appear to favor draft dodgers over military veterans for political office! There's Presidents Clinton and Trump both of which were draft dodgers. Former Vice President Cheney was a draft dodger. Many of those which are now are elected officials are draft dodgers. I will NOT vote for a draft dodger no matter how much I agree with him politically! That one of the reasons why I did NOT vote for Trump. The other main reason that I did not vote for Trump was that I thought that he was too mentally unstable to be POTUS. In fact, in my opinion, he is too mentally unstable to be in the US Military. Look at how mentally stable former US Supreme Commander in Europe and US President Dwight D. Eisenhower was in times of crisis. Former Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Franklin Roosevelt,Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt demonstrated that mental stability which is requisite to be POTUS. The American electorate which elected these former great US Presidents no longer exists!
!Jones
2017-04-08 21:23:51 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 11:25:58 -0700 (PDT), in alt.war.vietnam
Post by MarcusAurelius
[...]
"... and, there we were, shaking hands in the middle of the road when
we were run over by a truck!"

I'm not thrilled with Bush(43)'s "service"; however, I suppose it was
possible for him to have been activated.

But, I agree that "the American electorate which elected these former
great US Presidents no longer exists!" We have lost the ability to
discern the truth; it has been sacrificed upon the altar of our
respective ideologies.

Jones
!Jones
2017-04-08 21:44:50 UTC

Post by MarcusAurelius
The American electorate which elected these former great US Presidents no longer exists!
Actually, I think that's a profound statement.

Jones
Klaus Schadenfreude
2017-04-08 18:30:15 UTC
Post by !Jones
[...]
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.

Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
r***@gmail.com
2017-04-09 02:02:35 UTC
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
We've said the for years...

redvet
http://www.vvawai.org/
!Jones
2017-04-09 02:53:08 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.

Jones
Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.
2017-04-09 07:52:10 UTC
Post by !Jones
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
Well jackass the volunteers should understand someone who
has no desire to be a forced "volunteer", and regardless they
still have an obligation to obey any CIC.

now stop your trolling asshole
;-)
Klaus Schadenfreude
2017-04-09 13:45:40 UTC
Post by !Jones
x-no-idiots: yes
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
It's neither here nor there. You need ZERO military experience to be
commander in chief. In fact, lack of military experience might be more
beneficial. Being a draft dodger is a good indication you're not so
fond of war that you'll want to engage in it at the drop of a hat,
which is what we've been doing for the last two hundred fucking years.
Wiley E. Coyote
2017-04-09 15:39:20 UTC
Post by !Jones
x-no-idiots: yes
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
Jones
What was you're opinion of Bill "the rapist" Clinton? He was alos a renowbed
draft dodger.
!Jones
2017-04-10 00:13:29 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 15:39:20 -0000 (UTC), in alt.war.vietnam "Wiley E.
Post by Wiley E. Coyote
What was you're opinion of Bill "the rapist" Clinton? He was alos a renowbed
draft dodger.
Agreed; however, you're changing the subject. Bush(43) and Cheney
also were both essentially draft dodgers; although, George did "serve"
in the Alabama national guard. TTBOMK, Bill Clinton never donned a
military uniform and paraded around as a warrior.

My issue is neither Clinton nor Bush; they're both long out of
office... my issue is Trump rattling the saber without a clue what
he's doing.

Jones
RD Sandman
2017-04-10 20:22:11 UTC
Post by Wiley E. Coyote
What was you're opinion of Bill "the rapist" Clinton? He was alos a
renowbed draft dodger.
Agreed; however, you're changing the subject. Bush(43) and Cheney
also were both essentially draft dodgers; although, George did "serve"
in the Alabama national guard. TTBOMK, Bill Clinton never donned a
military uniform and paraded around as a warrior.
My understanding is that he went to Oxford.
Post by !Jones
My issue is neither Clinton nor Bush; they're both long out of
office... my issue is Trump rattling the saber without a clue what
he's doing.
Even some who served do that.
--
RD Sandman

Airspeed, altitude and brains....two of the three are always
required to complete a mission.

---
!Jones
2017-04-10 21:53:04 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 15:22:11 -0500, in alt.war.vietnam RD Sandman
Post by RD Sandman
My understanding is that he went to Oxford.
Am *I* suggesting that Bill Clinton was a great leader?

If I had had the opportunity, I'd have gone to Oxford... as opposed to
Dak To, I mean. If I had it to do over again, I'd immigrate to Canada
instead of going to Vietnam.

If I had done so, would I have gained your vote to be POTUS?

Jones
Just Wondering
2017-04-09 18:06:17 UTC
Post by !Jones
x-no-idiots: yes
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
Since the choice was between Hiliary and Trump, please tell us all about
Hiliary's extensive military record.
RD Sandman

JackPineSavage
Well, there WAS that sniper at the Tuzla airport.....
RD Sandman
2017-04-10 20:19:31 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
Post by Just Wondering
Post by !Jones
x-no-idiots: yes
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting
in Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
Since the choice was between Hiliary and Trump, please tell us all
about Hiliary's extensive military record.
Well, there WAS that sniper at the Tuzla airport.....
;) Geraldo also claimed one of those.

!Jones
2017-04-10 22:01:31 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 15:19:31 -0500, in alt.war.vietnam RD Sandman
Post by RD Sandman
Geraldo also claimed one of those.
Why can't one of 'em nail him?

Jones
!Jones
2017-04-10 00:18:34 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 12:06:17 -0600, in alt.war.vietnam Just Wondering
Post by Just Wondering
Since the choice was between Hiliary and Trump, please tell us all about
Hiliary's extensive military record.
You people keep changing the subject; Hillary Clinton is not the
president (praise the Lord!) Had the democrats had any sense, Trump
wouldn't be, either. Had Hillary become POTUS and started lobbing
cruise missiles, I would have expressed a similar misgiving.

Now... back to Trump, please.

Jones
RD Sandman
2017-04-09 19:02:30 UTC
Post by !Jones
x-no-idiots: yes
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
Nor is it a particularly bad one.

!Jones
2017-04-10 00:14:39 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 14:02:30 -0500, in alt.war.vietnam RD Sandman
Post by RD Sandman
Nor is it a particularly bad one.
Heh! You'd say that it would be if the president were a democrat, I'd
wager.

Jones
RD Sandman
2017-04-10 20:18:49 UTC
Post by RD Sandman
Nor is it a particularly bad one.
Heh! You'd say that it would be if the president were a democrat, I'd
wager.
If she had won, she would have been..not draft dodger but one who had not
served. FWIW, you don't know me as well as you think you do. I am pretty
much apolitical.

!Jones
2017-04-10 22:00:27 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 15:18:49 -0500, in alt.war.vietnam RD Sandman
Post by RD Sandman
If she had won, she would have been..not draft dodger but one who had not
served. FWIW, you don't know me as well as you think you do. I am pretty
much apolitical.
I'll take you at your word. I, also, lack a clear political dogma.

I was *seriously* unhappy with my alternative choice to Trump; I'd
much sooner have eaten a bug than voted for Clinton.

Had she won, we would have all lost... as we lost when Trump "won".
We just didn't have any winners in that election.

Can we agree on that?

Jones
Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.
2017-04-09 07:38:48 UTC
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President.
yep...take POW McCain...his experience has made him a nutjob war-monger.

Or say, 4 years of swabbing decks on an aircraft carrier...how
in hell is that experience good for anything...
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
yep...avoided murdering Vietnamese people...they've kept their honor
;-)
Wiley E. Coyote
2017-04-09 15:40:53 UTC
Post by Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President.
yep...take POW McCain...his experience has made him a nutjob war-monger.
Or say, 4 years of swabbing decks on an aircraft carrier...how
in hell is that experience good for anything...
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
yep...avoided murdering Vietnamese people...they've kept their honor
;-)
You are beyond stupid.

Your Ph D stands for Piled Higher and Deeper
Jack G
It is best just to ignore him. He has done nothing and knows nothing.
de chucka
and you supply the BS
Just Wondering
and you supply More of the Same.
Wiley E. Coyote
What do you expect? He's a roo fucking shackle dragger.
!Jones
2017-04-10 00:24:37 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 15:40:53 -0000 (UTC), in alt.war.vietnam "Wiley E.
Post by Wiley E. Coyote
You are beyond stupid.
Jeeze! "There we were, shaking hands in the middle of the road when
we were hit by a truck."

Jones
!Jones
2017-04-10 00:23:31 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Sun, 09 Apr 2017 00:38:48 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam "Dr. Vincent
Post by Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.
yep...avoided murdering Vietnamese people...they've kept their honor
;-)
Vinnie, you are truly an embarrassment to any sentient human being
without regard to race, creed, or political ideology.

Jones... who says: "kill the orphans!"

P.S. And rape the nuns, of course.
Richard Milhouse Obama
2017-04-09 22:37:16 UTC
Post by !Jones
I was always glad that we weren't at war during the Clinton
administration... Bill was essentially a draft dodger. Bush
was a *little* bit better; he joined the Alabama Air National
Guard which, of course, was close to being a draft dodger
without actually moving to England. Now, we have Trump...
who unapologetically bought his deferments.
Even his most ardent supporters say they should pin a medal on him
for not getting AIDS through allegedly raping all those underaged
boys and girls. Sean Hannity gushes all over him during
interviews and we all know that he was another brave warrior.

Most of his supporters are gutless white trash queers who bleed
from the asshole and whine all day about what losers in life they
are.
Wiley E. Coyote
2017-04-10 08:03:24 UTC
!Jones <¡***@fubahor.com> wrote in news:5v8iechsr0sa4n1o1emvdefas9vl6v5lou@
4ax.com:
If you think that is our greatest problem you are more stupid than I
previously beleived you to be. And I really thought you were stupid.
!Jones
2017-04-10 12:51:39 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 08:03:24 -0000 (UTC), in alt.war.vietnam "Wiley E.
Post by Wiley E. Coyote
If you think that is our greatest problem you are more stupid than I
previously beleived you to be. And I really thought you were stupid.
Well, our greatest problem is that the American people have lost the
ability to discern and act upon the truth. Instead, we are driven
solely by our ideological orientation. For this reason, our
candidates have become caricatures of either extreme.

I had seen this coming for a few years; however, it finally became
obvious in the 2016 election when our system failed to produce a
viable presidential candidate from either party. Donald Trump is a
bad joke and obviously unfit to lead the nation; I'm not saying that I
believe Hillary Clinton would be any better... I'm saying that we, as
a people, cannot see the fact that our candidate, from which ever side
of the spectrum it is we shriek, is an unfit leader.

Jones
Chinook Lover
2017-04-10 13:20:30 UTC
Post by Wiley E. Coyote
[...]
http://www.avg.com
speaking of Hill-babe, ya know her tan lines are between the wrinkles???
scary, huh?
--
"they called him 'stumpy' and his kidneys were end-stage as well. we
gonna try fistula surgery again...a little higher up"
!Jones
2017-04-10 13:44:54 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 08:20:30 -0500, in alt.war.vietnam Chinook Lover
Post by Chinook Lover
speaking of Hill-babe, ya know her tan lines are between the wrinkles???
scary, huh?
Oh, I wouldn't vote for or against a person based on physical
appearance... if we did *that*, we'd probably have elected that
bobble-head from Alaska (McCain's running mate in '08, whatever her
name was) in a landslide. Lindsey Lohan for president? How 'bout
Justin Bieber? I shudder at the thought!

The upside of that mentality is that we surely wouldn't have elected
Donald. That's how we elected Kennedy, you know... I would hesitate
to call him a great leader.

Jones
Chinook Lover
2017-04-10 19:44:13 UTC
Post by Chinook Lover
speaking of Hill-babe, ya know her tan lines are between the wrinkles???
scary, huh?
Oh, I wouldn't vote for or against a person based on physical
appearance... if we did *that*, we'd probably have elected that
bobble-head from Alaska (McCain's running mate in '08, whatever her
name was) in a landslide. Lindsey Lohan for president? How 'bout
Justin Bieber? I shudder at the thought!
The upside of that mentality is that we surely wouldn't have elected
Donald. That's how we elected Kennedy, you know... I would hesitate
to call him a great leader.
Jones
a great target perhaps...

http://www.avg.com
!Jones
2017-04-10 20:16:41 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 14:44:13 -0500, in alt.war.vietnam Chinook Lover
Post by Chinook Lover
a great target perhaps...
That shooter was either very good or very lucky; maybe a bit of both.
Chinook Lover
2017-04-10 23:18:11 UTC
Post by Chinook Lover
a great target perhaps...
That shooter was either very good or very lucky; maybe a bit of both.
---
http://www.avg.com
there's a video of a Marine SGM rallying the troops going into
Fallujah?? citing Whitman and Oswald as examples of Marine marksmanship.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2017-04-10 14:01:22 UTC
CIC?

Certified Insurance Councillor?