Our greatest problem is that our CIC is a draft dodger.
!Jones
2017-04-08 18:13:02 UTC
I was always glad that we weren't at war during the Clinton
administration... Bill was essentially a draft dodger. Bush was a
*little* bit better; he joined the Alabama Air National Guard which,
of course, was close to being a draft dodger without actually moving
to England. Now, we have Trump... who unapologetically bought his
deferments.

So, now he's going to lead us into a war?

"Please, Mr. Custer, I doan wanna go...!"

What does Trump know of sacrifice? His idea of war is a twitter-fit.
His idea of sacrifice is having to postpone his Florida tee-time by a
week while Jared and what's her name are on the ski slopes.

If any serious adversary materialized that required a national
commitment, we'd best be advised to sue for peace and listen to his
terms. Yeah, we have lots of guns, but we're soft, cheeseburger-fed,
children of plenty led into battle by our hero, Jared Cushner, who
never knew any sacrifice in his life. The people who lived through
the Great Depression and stormed Omaha Beach are now gone; the people
we have now are only concerned with *their* rights and won't be able
to go the distance.

I guess it's time to build the wall, get behind it, and hope nobody
lays siege... that's what happens to walls, you know.

Jones
MarcusAurelius
2017-04-08 18:25:58 UTC
Americans appear to favor draft dodgers over military veterans for political office! There's Presidents Clinton and Trump both of which were draft dodgers. Former Vice President Cheney was a draft dodger. Many of those which are now are elected officials are draft dodgers. I will NOT vote for a draft dodger no matter how much I agree with him politically! That one of the reasons why I did NOT vote for Trump. The other main reason that I did not vote for Trump was that I thought that he was too mentally unstable to be POTUS. In fact, in my opinion, he is too mentally unstable to be in the US Military. Look at how mentally stable former US Supreme Commander in Europe and US President Dwight D. Eisenhower was in times of crisis. Former Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Franklin Roosevelt,Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt demonstrated that mental stability which is requisite to be POTUS. The American electorate which elected these former great US Presidents no longer exists!
!Jones
2017-04-08 21:23:51 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Sat, 8 Apr 2017 11:25:58 -0700 (PDT), in alt.war.vietnam
Post by MarcusAurelius
[...]
"... and, there we were, shaking hands in the middle of the road when
we were run over by a truck!"

I'm not thrilled with Bush(43)'s "service"; however, I suppose it was
possible for him to have been activated.

But, I agree that "the American electorate which elected these former
great US Presidents no longer exists!" We have lost the ability to
discern the truth; it has been sacrificed upon the altar of our
respective ideologies.

Jones
!Jones
2017-04-08 21:44:50 UTC

Post by MarcusAurelius
The American electorate which elected these former great US Presidents no longer exists!
Actually, I think that's a profound statement.

Jones
Klaus Schadenfreude
2017-04-08 18:30:15 UTC
Post by !Jones
[...]
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.

Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
r***@gmail.com
2017-04-09 02:02:35 UTC
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
We've said the for years...

redvet
http://www.vvawai.org/
!Jones
2017-04-09 02:53:08 UTC
x-no-idiots: yes

On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.

Jones
Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.
2017-04-09 07:52:10 UTC
Post by !Jones
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
Well jackass the volunteers should understand someone who
has no desire to be a forced "volunteer", and regardless they
still have an obligation to obey any CIC.

now stop your trolling asshole
;-)
Klaus Schadenfreude
2017-04-09 13:45:40 UTC
Post by !Jones
x-no-idiots: yes
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
It's neither here nor there. You need ZERO military experience to be
commander in chief. In fact, lack of military experience might be more
beneficial. Being a draft dodger is a good indication you're not so
fond of war that you'll want to engage in it at the drop of a hat,
which is what we've been doing for the last two hundred fucking years.
Wiley E. Coyote
2017-04-09 15:39:20 UTC
Post by !Jones
x-no-idiots: yes
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
Jones
What was you're opinion of Bill "the rapist" Clinton? He was alos a renowbed
draft dodger.
Just Wondering
2017-04-09 18:06:17 UTC
Post by !Jones
x-no-idiots: yes
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
Since the choice was between Hiliary and Trump, please tell us all about
Hiliary's extensive military record.
RD Sandman
2017-04-09 19:03:39 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
Post by !Jones
x-no-idiots: yes
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
Since the choice was between Hiliary and Trump, please tell us all about
Hiliary's extensive military record.
BFG ;)
--
RD Sandman

Airspeed, altitude and brains....two of the three are always
required to complete a mission.

---
JackPineSavage
Well, there WAS that sniper at the Tuzla airport.....
RD Sandman
2017-04-09 19:02:30 UTC
Post by !Jones
x-no-idiots: yes
On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 11:30:15 -0700, in alt.war.vietnam Klaus
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President. In fact, it's
unnecessary.
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
As POTUS, one is also the commander in chief of all US military
forces; therefore, being a draft dodger is not a particularly good
recommendation.
Nor is it a particularly bad one.

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.
2017-04-09 07:38:48 UTC
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President.
yep...take POW McCain...his experience has made him a nutjob war-monger.

Or say, 4 years of swabbing decks on an aircraft carrier...how
in hell is that experience good for anything...
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
yep...avoided murdering Vietnamese people...they've kept their honor
;-)
Wiley E. Coyote
2017-04-09 15:40:53 UTC
Post by Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Military experience isn't required to be President.
yep...take POW McCain...his experience has made him a nutjob war-monger.
Or say, 4 years of swabbing decks on an aircraft carrier...how
in hell is that experience good for anything...
Post by Klaus Schadenfreude
Anyone who had the good sense to use The System to avoid fighting in
Vietnam gets extra points.
yep...avoided murdering Vietnamese people...they've kept their honor
;-)
You are beyond stupid.

Your Ph D stands for Piled Higher and Deeper
Jack G
It is best just to ignore him. He has done nothing and knows nothing.
de chucka
and you supply the BS
Just Wondering
and you supply More of the Same.
Richard Milhouse Obama
2017-04-09 22:37:16 UTC
Post by !Jones
I was always glad that we weren't at war during the Clinton
administration... Bill was essentially a draft dodger. Bush
was a *little* bit better; he joined the Alabama Air National
Guard which, of course, was close to being a draft dodger
without actually moving to England. Now, we have Trump...
who unapologetically bought his deferments.
Even his most ardent supporters say they should pin a medal on him
for not getting AIDS through allegedly raping all those underaged
boys and girls. Sean Hannity gushes all over him during
interviews and we all know that he was another brave warrior.

Most of his supporters are gutless white trash queers who bleed
from the asshole and whine all day about what losers in life they
are.