Why do we say voicemail instead of answerphone?
2017-11-03 13:03:54 UTC
Doesn't anyone snip multiply quoted text any more..?
Why do I have to trawl through screenfuls of text that has already been quoted half a dozen or more times to get to the pithy one-liner at the end..?
If you can't be bothered to trim, at least put your "contribution" such as it is at the top.
OH! So poignant 'tis the point!
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-11-03 16:53:13 UTC
Doesn't anyone snip multiply quoted text any more..?
Why do I have to trawl through screenfuls of text that has already been quoted half a dozen or more times to get to the pithy one-liner at the end..?
If you can't be bothered to trim, at least put your "contribution" such as it is at the top.
OH! So poignant 'tis the point!
Anyone using their full title, like "Miss Ria Elaine" or "Colonel Edmund J. Burke" tends to be a snob.
In an attempt to attract a more modern, hipper, high tech type of customer, Campbell's Alphabet Soup now comes with spell check.
Mr Pounder Esquire
2017-11-03 18:04:50 UTC
On Fri, 03 Nov 2017 13:03:54 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Doesn't anyone snip multiply quoted text any more..?
Why do I have to trawl through screenfuls of text that has already
been quoted half a dozen or more times to get to the pithy
one-liner at the end..? If you can't be bothered to trim, at least put
your "contribution"
such as it is at the top.
OH! So poignant 'tis the point!
Anyone using their full title, like "Miss Ria Elaine" or "Colonel
Edmund J. Burke" tends to be a snob.
Posters who reply to Burke are pricks.
Prick.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-11-03 18:09:38 UTC
Post by Mr Pounder Esquire
On Fri, 03 Nov 2017 13:03:54 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Doesn't anyone snip multiply quoted text any more..?
Why do I have to trawl through screenfuls of text that has already
been quoted half a dozen or more times to get to the pithy
one-liner at the end..? If you can't be bothered to trim, at least put
your "contribution"
such as it is at the top.
OH! So poignant 'tis the point!
Anyone using their full title, like "Miss Ria Elaine" or "Colonel
Edmund J. Burke" tends to be a snob.
Posters who reply to Burke are pricks.
Prick.
Why don't you killfile him then?
The sensible in the world are doomed to be frustrated by petty, officious idiots.
Mr Pounder Esquire
2017-11-03 19:10:44 UTC
On Fri, 03 Nov 2017 18:04:50 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire
Post by Mr Pounder Esquire
On Fri, 03 Nov 2017 13:03:54 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Doesn't anyone snip multiply quoted text any more..?
Why do I have to trawl through screenfuls of text that has already
been quoted half a dozen or more times to get to the pithy
one-liner at the end..? If you can't be bothered to trim, at
least put your "contribution"
such as it is at the top.
OH! So poignant 'tis the point!
Anyone using their full title, like "Miss Ria Elaine" or "Colonel
Edmund J. Burke" tends to be a snob.
Posters who reply to Burke are pricks.
Prick.
Why don't you killfile him then?
You use a killfile to block people like Peeler, this is because his truthful
postings upset you. He is cleverer than you.
I have never ever been upset by any postings. You have. Thus you killfile.
Wimp.
CDB
2017-11-04 14:57:25 UTC
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Doesn't anyone snip multiply quoted text any more..?
Why do I have to trawl through screenfuls of text that has
already been quoted half a dozen or more times to get to the
pithy one-liner at the end..?
If you can't be bothered to trim, at least put your
"contribution" such as it is at the top.
OH! So poignant 'tis the point!
Anyone using their full title, like "Miss Ria Elaine" or "Colonel
Edmund J. Burke" tends to be a snob.
The Col never struck me as a snob. I realise this kind of reminiscence
is a sign of decay, but I remember with pleasure the time Ron D and I
persuaded him to leave the froup alone for a while by making him laugh.

THE INDIVIDUAL POSTING AS SPARKSPILL
4 posts by 3 authors

Colonel Edmund J. Burke
6/25/08
is one fucking retard. But then, that's the english way, isn't it?

CDB
6/26/08
Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
[nothing worth repeating]
And what a disappointment the subject line turned out to be. Given
the Col.'s customary output, I had thought he might go on about
clicking SEND as a form of climax, and I quite liked "sparkspill" for
that. Still, maybe that's what TIPAS intended by the word.

R H Draney
6/26/08
CDB filted:

I misread it as "sharkspill", which sounds even more seminal...or,
inferring an
apostrophe, something you'd give a cartilaginous fish to swallow when he's
feeling poorly....r
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2017-11-04 16:34:40 UTC
[...]
What the fuck is sparksspill? Is that yet another English contraption that is disfunctional?
LOL
Ermin Trude
2017-11-05 09:55:18 UTC
What the fuck is sparksspill?
Richard Nixon was a Republican
Donald Trump is a Republican

Richard Nixon was President
Donald Trump is President

Richard Nixon was a liar and an egotist
Donald Trump...

Discuss.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-11-05 12:10:48 UTC
Post by Ermin Trude
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
What the fuck is sparksspill?
Richard Nixon was a Republican
Donald Trump is a Republican
Richard Nixon was President
Donald Trump is President
Richard Nixon was a liar and an egotist
Donald Trump...
Discuss.
Fuck off you left wing loony.
There's been global warming since the ice age.
Ermin Trude
2017-11-05 15:07:56 UTC
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 09:55:18 -0000, Ermin Trude
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
What the fuck is sparksspill?
Richard Nixon was a Republican Donald Trump is a Republican
Richard Nixon was President Donald Trump is President
Richard Nixon was a liar and an egotist Donald Trump...
Discuss.
Fuck off you left wing loony.
Ahh yes, the voice of intelligence speaks.

No wonder Trump got in if you are indicative of his supporters.
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-11-05 15:16:29 UTC
Post by Ermin Trude
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 09:55:18 -0000, Ermin Trude
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
What the fuck is sparksspill?
Richard Nixon was a Republican Donald Trump is a Republican
Richard Nixon was President Donald Trump is President
Richard Nixon was a liar and an egotist Donald Trump...
Discuss.
Fuck off you left wing loony.
Ahh yes, the voice of intelligence speaks.
No wonder Trump got in if you are indicative of his supporters.
Right wing makes sense. Left wing spends all the money of other people without their permission, which is CRIMINAL. It's THEFT.
Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.
Ermin Trude
2017-11-05 16:41:33 UTC
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 15:07:56 -0000, Ermin Trude
Post by Ermin Trude
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 09:55:18 -0000, Ermin Trude
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
What the fuck is sparksspill?
Richard Nixon was a Republican Donald Trump is a Republican
Richard Nixon was President Donald Trump is President
Richard Nixon was a liar and an egotist Donald Trump...
Discuss.
Fuck off you left wing loony.
Ahh yes, the voice of intelligence speaks.
No wonder Trump got in if you are indicative of his supporters.
Right wing makes sense. Left wing spends all the money of other people
without their permission, which is CRIMINAL. It's THEFT.
CRIMINAL...THEFT

Check Nixon's time pre and during office. Good Ole Republicans and
hypocrisy
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-11-05 21:22:29 UTC
Post by Ermin Trude
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 09:55:18 -0000, Ermin Trude
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
What the fuck is sparksspill?
Richard Nixon was a Republican Donald Trump is a Republican
Richard Nixon was President Donald Trump is President
Richard Nixon was a liar and an egotist Donald Trump...
Discuss.
Fuck off you left wing loony.
Ahh yes, the voice of intelligence speaks.
No wonder Trump got in if you are indicative of his supporters.
Right wing makes sense. Left wing spends all the money of other people
without their permission, which is CRIMINAL. It's THEFT.
CRIMINAL...THEFT
Check Nixon's time pre and during office. Good Ole Republicans and
hypocrisy
Not interested in American politics. Don't know who's right or left. The fact remains that spending the tax payer's money on chavs is WRONG. If you WANT to donate to poor folk, use a charity.
I was on a Southwest flight once that was delayed at the gate after everyone boarded. The flight attendant said over the intercom, "We're sorry for the delay. The machine that normally rips the handles off your luggage is broken, so we're having to do it by hand. We should be finished and on our way shortly."
Peeler
2017-11-05 21:33:24 UTC
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 21:22:29 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Ermin Trude
CRIMINAL...THEFT
Check Nixon's time pre and during office. Good Ole Republicans and
hypocrisy
Not interested in American politics.
You do NOTHING but rant about American politics in alt.repair, you fucked up
abnormal troll and attention whore!
--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."
MID: <obru31$nao$***@dont-email.me>
Peeler
2017-11-05 17:11:07 UTC
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 12:10:48 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by Ermin Trude
Richard Nixon was President
Donald Trump is President
Richard Nixon was a liar and an egotist
Donald Trump...
Discuss.
Fuck off you left wing loony.
Shut your stupid filthy sociopathic gob, Birdbrain!
--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...
MID: <KaToA.263621$***@fx10.am4>
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-11-05 12:10:17 UTC
Post by CDB
[...]
You mean like a Rover or a Dyson? We've never made anything that lasts.
--
The wife said to me last night "If you turn the bedside lamp off I'll take it up the arse."
Maybe I should have waited for the bulb to cool down first.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2017-11-05 15:27:29 UTC
What IS all this about, laddies?
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-11-05 15:48:16 UTC
What IS all this about, laddies?
You've quoted nothing, idiot.
I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker. But when I got home, all the signs were there.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2017-11-05 15:55:47 UTC
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
What IS all this about, laddies?
You've quoted nothing, idiot.
Quoting you and that other limey would make me an idiot.
Thank god I had the good sense not to.
James Wilkinson Sword
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Idiot!
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-11-05 16:16:03 UTC
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
What IS all this about, laddies?
You've quoted nothing, idiot.
Quoting you and that other limey would make me an idiot.
Thank god I had the good sense not to.
Idiot!
You're the idiot for talking about something without saying what it is.
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2017-11-05 16:42:43 UTC
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
What IS all this about, laddies?
You've quoted nothing, idiot.
Quoting you and that other limey would make me an idiot.
Thank god I had the good sense not to.
Idiot!
You're the idiot for talking about something without saying what it is.
It's called trimming a poast, you blithering maroon.
LOL
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-11-05 21:21:27 UTC
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
What IS all this about, laddies?
You've quoted nothing, idiot.
Quoting you and that other limey would make me an idiot.
Thank god I had the good sense not to.
Idiot!
You're the idiot for talking about something without saying what it is.
It's called trimming a poast, you blithering maroon.
LOL
Trimming it to the ground is utter stupidity.
In the entire state of Ohio in 1895, there were only two cars on the road, and they managed to crash into each other.
Peeler
2017-11-05 21:34:25 UTC
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 21:21:27 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
It's called trimming a poast, you blithering maroon.
LOL
Trimming it to the ground is utter stupidity.
You will get here what people think fit for an idiot like you! Nothing more
and nothing less! Capisci, idiot?
--
Richard to pathetic wanker Hucker:
"You haven't bred?
MID: <orvctf$l5m$***@gioia.aioe.org>
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2017-11-06 14:39:02 UTC
Wot?
James Wilkinson Sword
2017-11-06 14:46:39 UTC
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Trimming it to the ground is utter stupidity.
Wot?
Ask a gardener.
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
Peeler
2017-11-06 17:51:14 UTC
On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 14:46:39 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Trimming it to the ground is utter stupidity.
Wot?
Ask a gardener.
Answer their questions when humans stoop down to ask you something, cretin!
--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to
MID: <otofc8$tbg$***@dont-email.me>
Peeler
2017-11-05 19:47:40 UTC
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 16:16:03 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
Idiot!
You're the idiot for talking about something without saying what it is.
Looks like you've found another master, idiot! LOL
--
***@snyder.on.ca about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious
MID: <***@4ax.com>
Peeler
2017-11-05 19:46:16 UTC
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 15:48:16 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
What IS all this about, laddies?
You've quoted nothing, idiot.
I've quoted a few people, Birdbrain! Check all this:
--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...
You have been presented with a viewpoint with information, reasoning,
historical cases, citations and references to back it up and wilfully
ignore all going back to your idea which has no supporting information."
MID: <KaToA.263621$***@fx10.am4>
--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."
MID: <obru31$nao$***@dont-email.me>
--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."
MID: <4d907253-b3b9-40d4-be4d-***@googlegroups.com>
--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."
MID: <***@dell3100.workgroup>
--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the piss poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and
several parrots living in his hovel."
MID: <odqtgc$iug$***@dont-email.me>
--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"
MID: <***@Mars>
--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ
lower than your age, and I accept that as a reason for your comments."
MID: <***@news.eternal-september.org>
--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how
MID: <***@news.eternal-september.org>
--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable
Richard to pathetic wanker Hucker:
"You haven't bred?
Only useful thing you've done in your pathetic existence."
MID: <orvctf$l5m$***@gioia.aioe.org>
--
***@snyder.on.ca about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious
mistake having him born alive -- A total waste of oxygen, food, space,
and bandwidth."
MID: <***@4ax.com>
--
Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a shithole with no hot
MID: <cf06cdd9-8bb8-469c-800a-***@googlegroups.com>
Peeler
2017-11-05 17:11:19 UTC
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 12:10:17 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),
Post by James Wilkinson Sword
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
What the fuck is sparksspill? Is that yet another English contraption that is disfunctional?
LOL
You mean like a Rover or a Dyson? We've never made anything that lasts.
Obviously the Brits can make idiots like you that last forever!